Scenario Desk Analyst
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for handling a heavy daily volume of Scenario Desk phone calls and email inquiries from our correspondent and wholesale lending partners.
- The Scenario Desk Analyst will review the nature of the inquiries and determine the appropriate program and response.
- Analyze and calculate borrower income using alternative documentation sources such as bank statements.
- Research Deephaven Mortgage LLC underwriting and program guidelines.
- The Scenario Desk Analyst will determine when to elevate customer requests to Senior Underwriter and/or Underwriting Manager.
- Assist sales force, Secondary, and other internal staff as needed with underwriting guideline questions/assistance.
- The Scenario Desk Analyst will provide new loan set up/system access guidance to correspondent and wholesale lending partners.
- Any and all other duties as requested by management.
Required Skills, Experience and Ability:
- Must have the ability to organize workflow for prompt, courteous responses.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with emphasis on courteous and effective telephonic and written (email) communication with internal/external customers.
- Problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills required.
- Must develop a thorough working knowledge of Deephaven Mortgage LLC underwriting guidelines, programs and policies/procedures.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize daily workflow.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate between staff members on constantly changing issues and updates.
- Self-starter personality with positive attitude.
- Ability to handle high volume in a constantly changing environment with excellent customer service skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of mortgage related experience; prior FHA or non-prime underwriting experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word and Excel. Encompass 360 experience a plus.
- Prior customer service skills a plus.