Post Closing Specialist
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform post-close audits and compliance review of mortgage loans closed by Deephaven and other mortgage origination companies prior to purchase to ensure 1) quality and adherence to our lending regulations and funding requirements, 2) the signed, closing documents are complete, and 3) all original documents are received.
- Maintain monthly and weekly tracking logs and spreadsheets of files entering, imaged and leaving the file rooms.
- Maintain direct communication with title insurance companies, attorneys, partnering mortgage origination companies and any other parties to the transaction to ensure receipt of accurate final documents and loan level data in a timely manner.
- Review closed loan documents to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information on documents and communicate any inaccuracies to the appropriate parties within a timely manner for corrections.
- Work with counterparties and vendors to obtain missing documents
- Handle post-purchase loan activities, including analyzing loan level data, servicing on-boarding and collateral & final document tracking and follow-up
- Assist in problem resolution, i.e. title problems, missing documents, assignments, etc., of closed files.
- Work with management to update and keep appropriate post-closing procedures.
- Any and all other duties as requested by management
Required Skills, Experience and Ability:
- Strong organization and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Possess a thorough understanding of loan processing and closing procedures
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to be cross trained and handle multiple functions outside of normal job responsibilities and/or assist team members with other administrative tasks as needed
- Present self in professional manner and have ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts
- Proficient in MS Office including Word and Excel
- Fosters respect in the workplace
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 4 + years of mortgage related experience
- 2 + years of loan processing, closing or post-closing experience