VP of Credit Risk
Location: Charlotte, NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, execution, & ongoing management of a performance tracking mechanism/scorecarding concept that measures:
- Overall portfolio performance at the CPR and DQ/Default level
- Product level performance
- Partner level performance including partner specific guidelines & negotiations
- DRMT shelf performance
- Partner with various departments throughout the company to enhance product performance, identify new opportunities, create new products, reduce exposure to certain products, etc.
- Design, recommend, and implement a reporting infrastructure with KPI’s to keep the Executive Team abreast of all meaningful performance metrics from both a speed and delinquency standpoint
- Develop an early warning mechanism that includes product concentration, performance, etc.
- Partner with sales, operations, underwriting, and leadership to identify opportunities for portfolio performance improvement through product adjustment, partner messaging, and product development
- Partner with Capital Markets to quantify the risk associated with certain products, partners, etc from a loan level and bulk bidding standpoint and work to develop a unified framework with Cap Markets on how to price for various types of risk.
- Work in a manner consistent with a balanced approach to growing production while balancing risk and seeking product design and return hurdle metrics that offset certain types of risk
- Any and all other duties as requested by CFO
Required Skills, Experience and Ability:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of mortgage industry experience
- 7+ years of risk/portfolio management experience including developing models, scorecards, etc.
- Exceptional project management, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to be self-directed and make independent decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents and data sets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and deliver executable plans to achieve overall goals.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to partner with others to develop reporting frameworks, models, and KPI’s